[omniORB] Omniorb Demultiplexing Strategy.

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:00:39 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Dayton Spencer wrote:

> Can some one tell me what kind of demultiplexing strategy Omniorb 2.8 uses.

A dynamically resized open hash table.

> The code extract below is taken from the source in Omniorb 2.8. I cannot
> determine precisely if the actual search for an object is done by
> omniORB::hash(k) or a sequential search via the while loop. I am likely to go
> with the sequential search though.

Both.  The linked list is only searched if there is a collision in the
hash table.  This is rare, since the hash table grows if it starts to get
full.

Hope that helps,
David