FW: [omniORB] Calling omniORB shared library from a an applications shared librar on SGI

Cameron Malley cameron@ptmnet.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:50:21 +1000

We have pthread as the last library.

The first symptom is that the following code always gives the failed to narrow
message even though this works fine on other platforms.
It also works fine if the code making this call is itself not in a shared
library.

    CORBA::Object_var obj = orb->string_to_object ( ior );
    pnsprj = GLDBProjects::_narrow ( obj.in () );
    if ( CORBA::is_nil ( pnsprj.in () ) ) {
        fprintf ( stderr,
                  "Failed to narrow GLDBProjects stringified reference.\n" );

--
Cameron Malley                 Email: cameron@ParadigmGeo.com   67 High St
Software Development Manager   Phone: +61 7 33778021            Toowong