[omniORB] RE: (omniORB) SSL? JavaIDL or RMI-IIOP interoperability?

John Cumming J.Cumming@Oberthurcs.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:34:00 +0200

if you use the Java Plugin you can get round the security issues with
applets by
setting specific policies in the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/<some policy
file>

We have done this as we need an applet loaded from the server MACHINE A to
access a local smartcard reader through a DLL on the client MACHINE B and
send
information to a CORBA object on server MACHINE C.

A major headache without the plugin, but rel. simple with the plugin.

John Cumming

Mind you we don't use omniORB no more!!