[omniORB] How to write a IDL compiler back-end in C++?

Marcus Gruendler runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:17:04 +0200

Hello,

I would like to write my own IDL compiler back-end for the new OmniORB
3.0 IDL compiler. I would like to write this back-end in C++ - not in
Python - is this possible?

Since all back-ends are loaded dynamically, I guess I should create a
DLL (on win32). But which functions have to be exported from this DLL? I
have had a look at the visitor classes. Maybe I should only export the
run() function?

Could anyone point me to an example which explains this?

Thank you very much, Marcus

--
 Marcus Gruendler
 runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
 Chair for Information Systems & Database Technology
 RWTH-Aachen University, Germany