[omniORB] Problem building the IDL file

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 06:24:10 +0200

Sounds familiar!
try running ..\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\Vcvars32.bat before
starting the IDL compiler.
If this helps - the VC++ 5.0 wasn't installed with all the necessary environment
variables set correctly, and the IDL compiler (using CL as a preprocessor) cannot
run CL.exe properly (outside MSDevStudio).
It is easy to forget to "tick of" for the system environment variables
installation on VC++ 5.0.

-Haarek

Kiran Shettigar wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have recently downloaded COMPLETE version of OmniORB2 and have made
> necessary settings on VC++ 5.0 environment and Windows NT 4.0 platform to use
> the same.
>
>     But while building the IDL file it gives me an error
>    "spawnvp CL failure"
>
> What are the possible reasons for such error message.
> Is there any minimum system requirement for omniorb.
>
> A reply at the earliest will be much appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Kiran
> (kiranjs@vsnl.com)

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of haarek.ryeng.vcf]