[omniORB] problems building omniORB3.0 on OpenVMS.7.2

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:15:27 -0400

Adam,

> , but I found that required constants where located in diffrent
> CONSTANTS.CC;1 file than compiled and linked to omniorb3_rt.exe.
> After copying definition from
> OMNIORB300ROOT:[SRC.LIB.OMNIORB2.DYNAMIC]CONSTANTS.CC to
> OMNIORB300ROOT:[SRC.LIB.OMNIORB2.ORBCORE]CONSTANTS.CC;1 error disappeard, all
> omni files built well.

Well, you shouldn't have needed to do this.  I don't have this problem
using Compaq C++ 6.2.  I wonder if this is a 6.1 bug.  In any case, at
some point, you will need definitions from both files (they define
different sets of constants).

> But now when I call omniidl I have following error information:
>
> import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
> Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: No module named os
>
> I had pythonpath set to :
> PYTHONPATH ==
> "/dka0/python/python-1_5_2/lib:/dka0/python/python-1_5_2/vms/tools"

This looks correct.

> now it's set to:
> PYTHONPATH ==
> "dka0:[python.python-1_5_2.lib],dka0:[python.python-1_5_2.vms.tools]"

This is wrong.  I assume that you changed this?  You should change it
back.

> What's wrong ? Is this error becouse of pythonpath or I have any other symbol
> not set ?

The original, UNIX style syntax is the correct syntax.

It should not be necessary to change the pythonpath symbol as long as
you don't move any files.  If you do then you will need to add the
location of the omniORB python library files, just as you would for any
other platform.

HTH,

Bruce
--