[omniORB] omniORB3, HPUX 10.20, gcc2.95 , omniidl problem

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
25 Jul 2000 12:58:20 +0100

> Thanks for your suggestion . I tried to compile python by g++,
> but it is complaining about missing main symbol. May be this one is due to
> a HP's C & C++ diffrenet entry points for main symbol.

Assume that you have patched python.c as I suggested,
question is does your compilation actually use g++ to compile python.o and
are you using g++ to link the python executable?
The main symbol should have been defined in python.o for C++ linkage.

> Is there any way I can run omniORB 2.8/3.0 on my HPUX 10.20 with my system
> config as given in previous mail. I am desperate to run it on HPUX, But I
> cannot upgrade my HPUX CC to aCC. Please bail me out, if it is possible.

> As you said before, the problem is in threads-library.

Past experience taught me that trying to use gcc in the hope that its
exception handling is correctly implemented and thread safe is
a time drain and with few happy endings. If you can use aCC, this will save
you a lot of time (and money?).

If you want to have a go, you may be better not to build omniORB and
omnithread shared libary at all. Your trace shows a problem which is much
more basic than what I was suggusting. Looks like either you have not
compile omnithread library with the right compiler threads or your linkage
to pthread library is wrong.

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com