[omniORB] Undefined symbol "__pure_virtual"

Peter van Heusden pvh@egenetics.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:16:44 +0200 (SAST)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Brad Chapman wrote:

> I have never seen this error, but do have a suggestion...
>     The new release of omniORB 3 should compile "out of the box" on
> FreeBSD. This isn't in the FreeBSD ports tree but should be just as
> easy to get running. I compiled (and am using) omniORB3 and omniORBpy1
> using the x86_freebsd_3.2 makefile on FreeBSD 3.3. In addition, there
> is a x86_freebsd_4.0 makefile which Duncan Grisby made and tested on
> 4.0.
>     Just a suggestion, as this might be an easier way to go (plus you
> get all the advantages of omniORB 3.0 :-).

Hm. I've just tried to compile the omniORB 3.0 code 'out of the box', and
got the same error message. There must be something screwy happening from
the FreeBSD 4-STABLE side.

I'll investigate.

Peter
--