[omniORB] Reserved word "factory"? / Wide strings

Randy Wiser randyw@amc.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:21:46 -0700

With the upcoming release of a version of Python with unicode support, we are becoming more interested in omniORB/omniORBpy support for wchar (and wstring).

1) Is there a reasonable chance of unicode support happening before the end of this year? :-)

I'm _guessing_ that the 'code set conversion issues' have to do with wstring and wchar constants.

2) Has anyone done a patch to omniORB 3.0 / omniORBpy 1.0 to allow simply passing wstring and wchar (we may not need wchar or wstring constants)?

3) Or, should we try 'sequence of <some 16 bit type>' as a work around until unicode support is available?

Thanks,

- Randy