[omniORB] linking statically under win32

Jonathan Clark jc@jonathanclark.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:14:18 -0700

When I link with omni using the static library under win32 I get the
following warnings.

LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall
omni_thread::init_t::init_t(void)" (??0init_t@omni_thread@@QAE@XZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""char const * const
omniORB_3_0" (?omniORB_3_0@@3PBDB)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: static unsigned
long const  CORBA::Object::_PR_magic" (?_PR_magic@Object@CORBA@@2KB)"
imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: static char const *
const  CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId" (?_PD_repoId@Object@CORBA@@2PBDB)"
imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""int  omniORB::traceLevel"
(?traceLevel@omniORB@@3HA)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: static unsigned
char const  omni::myByteOrder" (?myByteOrder@omni@@2EB)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: static char const *
const  omni::empty_string" (?empty_string@omni@@2QBDB)" imported

According to MS's site this linker error means :
"The symbol was both exported from and imported to the program."

Jonathan