[omniORB] nested types

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:21:29 -0400

Dear omni developers,

congratulations to these two important releases !
I'm eager to port berlin to this new architecture.
I'v managed to compile the interfaces and am now
trying to get the implementations to compile. However,
I stumble over a little problem, probably due to my
lack of knowledge concerning the POA.

I'v an interface

interface Graphic
{
   struct Edge
     {
        //...
     }
  //...
};

which I was used to use within GraphicImpl like this:

class GraphicImpl : public virtual _sk_Graphic
{
  public:
    void foo()
      {
        Edge edge;
        //...
      }
};

i.e. making implicit use of the fact that I'm in the 'Graphic' scope
while inside GraphicImpl. Now I must see that the skeletons isn't
derived from the to the interface corresponding class.

Is this indeed correct ?
what are the scoping rules in general, i.e. what about modules etc. ?
Do I always need to use explicit scoping in my servants if I want to
access (nested) types declared in IDL ?

Best regards and thanks for all the help !

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal