[omniORB] RH 6.1 tar does not like your python tar ball

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:52:31 +0100

On Thursday 13 July, Fred Cook wrote:

> We are up grading to omniORB3.  When we try to un tar the python tar
> balls (both py152 and omnipython) RH 6.1 tar complains about these files
> not being tar archives.  WinZip likes them just fine.  Am I supposed to
> unzip them on my NT box and ftp them over to my Linux box?  This would
> not be much fun.  But more over, why do you not include the omnipython
> distribution with omniORB3?  If you require us to have third party code
> shouldn't you provide it.

The tarballs work fine for me on RedHat 6.1. Perhaps your download is
mangling them is some way -- perhaps just changing the extension. What
does "file" say?

omnipython _is_ included in the binary distributions of omniORB.