[omniORB] RH 6.1 tar does not like your python tar ball

Marcus Gruendler runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:41:14 +0200

Fred Cook schrieb:

> Hello OmniORB,
>
> We are up grading to omniORB3.  When we try to un tar the python tar
> balls (both py152 and omnipython) RH 6.1 tar complains about these files
> not being tar archives.  WinZip likes them just fine.  Am I supposed to
> unzip them on my NT box and ftp them over to my Linux box?  This would
> not be much fun.  But more over, why do you not include the omnipython
> distribution with omniORB3?  If you require us to have third party code
> shouldn't you provide it.
>
> Thanks
> Fred

This is really strange. I just downloaded these files (py152.tgz and
omnipython-i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1.tar.gz) and untared them on a RedHat
6.0 machine and everything worked fine!

Maybe the  suffix .gz has been lost during your ftp download and you
only have a file named omnipython-i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1.tar but which
still is a compressed archive. Try

tar xzvf omnipython-i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1.tar

or rename the file with the suffix .gz appended.

Maybe this helps,

bye, Marcus

--
 Marcus Gruendler
 runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
 Chair for Information Systems & Database Technology
 RWTH-Aachen University, Germany