[omniORB] Object Initialization

JonShuler@vsegroup.com JonShuler@vsegroup.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:04:31 -0500

I'm new to CORBA so this is probably a simple question.  We have a CORBA
server that wraps a COM object that is working successfully except that the
current implementation does not scale well.  The object only has one method
call but it can take up to one minute for this method call to return.  We
are looking at how to fix this problem.  One suggestion was to have the
CORBA server create an instance of the object every time a client connects
to the server.  The other method is to have the server preload several
instances of the object and hand this out to the clients.  What is the best
method for handling this problem and can you point me to some resources on
this problem?

Thanks,
Jon Shuler