[omniORB] omniidl handling of include file paths

Chris Newbold chris.newbold@laurelnetworks.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:20:41 -0400

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> and use "omniidl -I." or "omniidl -Isome/relative/path", the output
> will use the relative path.

The problem for us is that the current directory when compiling is
the root of the entire source tree, rather than a specific directory,
so all of our -I flags are of the form -Isome/relative/path, which
gets carried over into the generated header file. Some leading
portion of that path is different for idl and C++ header files
(and obviously some trailing porition is the same).

> This is all in the hands of the GNU C pre-processor, so omniidl can't
> do anything to change it. omniidl never gets to see the #include
> statement -- it just sees the output from cccp.

Rather unfortunate. For the moment, I'm just running sed over the
result to chop off the "inappropriate" part.

-Chris