[omniORB] modifications to omni_thread

Carlson, Andy andycarlson@att.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 05:02:35 -0700

Jonathan,

>Is there anything that requires the thread system to be initialized before
ORB_init??  From
>my examination of the source, it doesn't look like it...

It is perfectly possible to use omnithread without omniORB. I have used it
as a portable Win32/Solaris threading library a number of times and its very
useful (and excellent value for money). It seems to me that the change you
propose would require changes to any apps which use omnithread in this way.

If the library is changed, the API doc will also need to be updated.

Andy
(from Redditch, not Cambridge!)
Andy Carlson. AT&T Labs (UK)   	Tel: +44 1527 495258
E-Mail: andycarlson@ipo.att.com	Fax: +44 1527 495229