[omniORB] omniORB3: inserting a User Exception into an Any

Jean Francois Poilpret jfpoilpret@hn.vnn.vn
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:36:18 +0700

Hi Duncan,

>On Saturday 8 July, "Jean Francois Poilpret" wrote:
>[...]
>
>>     "Error: function to insert the user exception into an Any is not
>> available"
>
>That message is printed if the dynamic stubs for the exception are not
>available. Have you built the idl stubs with Any support?  You need to
>use the -Wba flag to omniidl, and compile/link the DynSK.cc file.

Yes, I have done so, but I think that the exception thrown here is =
related to the ORB core (I think this is InvalidName, raised by =
resolve_initial_references).
All the IDL stuff (stubs) related to the ORB core and the CosNaming =
service is already linked in the omni libraries, is that right ?
So it seems that all this stuff linked in the omni libs does not include =
Any support.

>Cheers,
>
>Duncan.
>
>--=20
> -- Duncan Grisby  \  Research Engineer  --
>  -- AT&T Laboratories Cambridge          --
>   -- http://www.uk.research.att.com/~dpg1 --

Regards

    Jean-Fran=E7ois