[omniORB] Re: memory again

David Scott djs@uk.research.att.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:01:57 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Jonathan Clark wrote:

>   So, I think I will need to use another ORB.  Do you have any
> recommendation on light-weight orbs?  I do not need many features and even
> IIOP compatability is not required as long as the ORB ports to unix & win32
> and can talk to itself.

I'd recommend discussing this either on the omniorb-list or perhaps on
comp.object.corba-- there are people there with much wider experiences
of ORBs than me.

There's plenty of information on ORBs around. Check out:
  http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Object_Oriented/CORBA/Object_Request_Brokers/
  http://www.cetus-links.de/oo_object_request_brokers.html

You'll also need to bear in mind
  * which language bindings you require (eg ORBit has C bindings)
  * licensing

HTH,

--
  Dave Scott, Research Engineer, AT&T Laboratories Cambridge UK