[omniORB] unexpected exception (not a CORBA exception)

Xuekai Song kai@ptc.com
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 11:05:23 -0400

Hi,

I'm using omniORB3 with a third party C library which is
single threaded.  My CORBA server uses functions from this
library.  I used POA with SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL
policy due to the C library, but I have two problems:
(platform NT, VC++6.0)

a) Each time after a call is returned from the server to the
client, the following exception was thrown:

omniORB: WARNING -- method 'IlUserAuthenticate' raised an
unexpected exception (not a CORBA exception).
omniORB: An exception has occured and was caught by tcpSocketMT
Worker thread.

Here method IlUserAuthenticate(const char *, const char *) returns
boolean type.  The same exception was thrown for other calls made to
the third party library.  Apart from the exception, it works ok.

b) Each call from the client takes about the same time as set by
-ORBserverCallTimeoutPeriod.  So it means I have to set it
to 1 in order to get the fastest response possible.

a) & b) might be related and it seems to me that the server
somehow lost track of the client request and have to wait until
the connection to be timed out.

Any ideas/comments will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Xuekai Song