[omniORB] omniidl 3.0 request and questions

Jonathan Clark jc@jonathanclark.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:28:04 -0700

omniidl 3.0 should list the name of the backend for c++ in the
  -u display.  (i.e. specifically mention -bcxx).  The PDF files
  says this, and it's not consistent with the -u (which is the first
  place people will look).   It took me a good while to find out.
  Also the omniorb.pdf file should reflect the need for a backend
  because it no longer contains enough information for a first time
  user.  "Given and IDL omniidl produces two stub files."
  I would suggest the cxx be the default backend and is automatically
  used if no other backend is specified.

Q: How can specify the output extensions for c++ headers and source
files.  Specifically rename .cc/.hh to .cpp/.hpp?   omniidl 2.8 had
this feature with -s and -h, but it seems to have been removed.

Finally thanks for adding the -C option for specifing the output directory
for idl.  My makefiles are simpler now. :)

Jonathan