[omniORB] persistant objects?

Jonathan Clark jc@jonathanclark.com
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 22:47:20 -0700

I was wondering what is the proper way to create persistent objects using
omniorb?   I.e. Ensure that my objects have the same
IOR each time they are created after the server has been restarted?
I searched for the PERSISTENT keyword in all of the headers and saw
no mention - nor did past mailing list discussions reveal anything to me.

The NameService appears to be able to do it by saving it's IOR to a file
and somehow reading it back, but I haven't quiet discovered
the proper procedure from reading the name service source code.

Thanks,

Jonathan