[omniORB] omniORB3, HPUX 10.20, gcc2.95 , omniidl problem

mahadevan mahadevan@iocl.co.in
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:40:45 +0530 (IST)

Hi Sai-Lai,

Thanks for your suggestion . I tried to compile python by g++,
but it is complaining about missing main symbol. May be this one is due to
a HP's C & C++ diffrenet entry points for main symbol.

Is there any way I can run omniORB 2.8/3.0 on my HPUX 10.20 with my system
config as given in previous mail. I am desperate to run it on HPUX, But I
cannot upgrade my HPUX CC to aCC. Please bail me out, if it is possible.

As you said before, the problem is in threads-library.
FYI, I am showing the stack trace for the dump of src/examples/echo/eg1 :
<==============
$gdb eg1 core

Core was generated by `eg1'.

warning: The shared libraries were not privately mapped; setting a
breakpoint in a shared library will not work until you rerun the program.

(gdb) ba
#0 0xc057446c in pthread_mutex_lock () from /usr/lib/libcma.1
#1 0x134860 in omni_mutex::lock (this=0x400081ec) at posix.cc:112
#2 0x36bd0  in omni_mutex_lock::omni_mutex_lock (this=0x7b03b898,
    m=@0x400081ec) at ../../../../include/omnithread.h:235
=====>

mahadevan