[omniORB] omniORBpy : struct not defined in POA_xxx ??

Yann Dupont dupont@unantes.univ-nantes.fr
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:29:15 +0100 (CET)

Hello.
First, I hope it's not a FAQ - Or a too stupid question...

I'm part of a project using CORBA & differents ORB/Platform.

I'm trying to use OmniOrb2 with python bindings.

The idl is already defined, and used by others persons, with other languages.
There is a struct defined in a module.
Something curious happens with omniidl :

A struct InfoObject is defined in an mymodule.myinterface .

When I try to implement the server,

from POA_mymodule import myinterface

truc=myinterface.InfoObject (arguments)
AttributeError: InfoObject

the struct defined in the idl doesn't exist.

When I implement the client,

from my_module import myinterface
truc=myinterface.InfoObject (arguments)

It's OK. Why the struct isn't defined with POA_mymodule ???

So for the moment, the only solution I have for the server is to
import the 2 modules...

is it the right thing to do ???

Yann Dupont.
\|/ ____ \|/ Fac. des sciences de Nantes-Linux-Python-IPv6-ATM-BONOM....