[omniORB] Help on Sun C++ and STL

Renny Koshy renny@visualsoft.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:36:15 -0500

Hello all...

I'm stuck with a C++ lib from a vendor who made it for Sun's 4.2 compiler.
I have the 5.0, so I compile my styff using the -compat=4 option.  omniORB
and my app compile, BUT I can't seem to compile anything that uses STL code,
and I am *DESPERATELY* in need of an event service.  I've tried WITEvents,
omniEvents, etc. to no avail.  The only thing I can think of is to write a
separate module that deals with the 4.2 lib, then convert the data, send as
a normal CORBA call to a 5.0 app that converts the data again to some format
(since then I can't use the 4.2 libs/classes) and change all my code to
accomodate this.

Please help!

Renny