[omniORB] Memory leaks in omniNames

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:53:17 -0500

Hello omniORBers,

I have a problem with a leaky omniNames on OpenVMS VAX.  It's actually
still running version 2.7.1 (only because before now we haven't had a
real need to upgrade).  The process stays up for 21-23 days and
gradually allocates more memory until it runs out of virtual page file
quota.

The odd thing is that I don't see this same behavior on OpenVMS Alpha.
Therefore, I'm inclined to point the finger at the VAX compiler/library
environment.

What I was wondering was:

Has anyone else seen any problems like this on other platforms?

Is there anything in the 2.8.0 code base that might address the
problem?  (I'm planning to upgrade soon anyway.)

Thanks,

Bruce Visscher