[omniORB] ping

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:19:51 -0500

I'm writing a display server (the berlin project) which
hosts resources for lots of clients. It has a thread
which pings all clients so it can detect when a client
has shut down without noticing the server.

I would hope that the ping to a client side object would
then simply throw an exception. However, this seems not
the case, at least not without any special command line
options to the ORB. What should I do to get the desired
behavior. Or is there an entirely different approach ?

Thanks,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal