[omniORB] Re: Compiler dependend Defines (OS 390)

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
14 Jan 2000 16:24:23 +0000

You are on the right track.

Set _OMNI_ORB_HOST_BYTE_ORDER_ to 0 in your case (big endian).

Define HAS_Cplusplus_Namespace if your compiler support namespace.

That is it.

I suggest you proceed as follows:

0. Build omkdepend.
     Not critical but useful because this program is used to generate
     dependency.
      $ cd <top>/src/tool/omkdepend
      $ make export

1. Build omnithread library.
      $ cd <top>/src/lib/omnithread
      $ make export

   Please find out whether the pthread package implement the final spec.
   If so use -DPthreadDraftVersion=10.
   I believe older AIX versions are based on draft version 8.

2. Build thread examples
      $ cd <top>/src/examples/thread
      $ make export

3. Try running the examples: diner, prio, prodcons and thrspecdata.

4. Build omniidl2
      $ cd <top>/src/tool/omniidl2
      $ make export

    Here you may need to make some changes the omniidl2/driver/drv_*.cc
    to get the include right and the fork() calls correct for your
    platform. Should be straight forward from what the compiler tells you.

5. Build omniORB2 runtime
      $ cd <top>/src/lib/omniORB2
      $ make export

6. And finally the examples