[omniORB] Beginners Question: ORB_Init in a GUI app.

Andi Kessler Andi.Kessler@sarasin.ch
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:53:27 +0100

Armin,
I think your problem is caused by improper shutdown. There are some issues =
with COM / MFC interoperability which are solved now in 2.8
This is what I do to shut down my servers and clients:

if (boa)=20
{
  boa->destroy();// will call impl_shutdown
  boa=3D0;
}
if (orb)
{
  orb->NP_destroy();
  orb=3D0;
}

Additionally I unbind all objects which I registered with the Naming, but =
I do not otherwise destroy/shutdown my server objects. If you do not serve =
objects then you just have to make sure that NP_destroy() is called at the =
end.

HTH,
Andi