[omniORB] _non_existent

Gennady Agranov agranov@synquiry.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:41:03 -0500 (EST)

			   Hi!

Thank you very much for your great ORB !
I think that you are doing a wonderful
job.

Now about my problems :(

1. version 2.8.0 on NT4SP5 (compiled and build under MSVC 6.0)

2. My omniORB2 object talks to another object, implemented in
   ACL ORBLINK (Allegro Common Lisp).

   When ACL object sends omniORB2 object "_non_existent"
   request omniORB2 sends back BAD_OPERATION exception.

   When omniORB2 object sends  "_non_existent" request to
   ACL object, Lisp signals that method _non_existent is
   unknown.

   I know that different ORB had _non_existent implemented
   differently (e.g. _not_existent), but is is standartized
   now and I think that ACL ORBLINK is on the right side
   here and omniORN2 is on the wrong side.

3. Java 1.2.2 ORB also failed to send _non_existent to
   omniORB2 object (it returned "true", but my test omniORB2
   program returned "false" - and object was alive).

4. Please tell me how can I fix it (or maybe it is already
   fixed in version 3.0)

5. Is there a way to use the dynamic skeleton and catch
   _non_existent but all other methods run in an old way
   (using generated mappings)

Thank you very much,

Gennady Agranov