[omniORB] GDB Problem / omni ORB 2.8

Robert Todd Pack todd@rwii.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:13:57 -0500

Hello Everyone,
	We are using omniORB 2.8.0 on RedHat 6.1 straight out of the box. When
I try to use the out-of-the-box GDB (GDB version 4.18) on our
multithreaded server program GDB itself dumps core and cannot read in
the resulting core file. If I disable automatic loading of the many .so
files in our application and load up the libraries by hand I can get
this GDB crash to happen when I load the omniORB2.so library itself
(omnithred, tcp wrappers, omniDynamic2,
etc. all load OK).

	Any ideas? Has anyone else out there run gdb on omniORB2.8.0 based
server programs with success? When the programs don't have problems they
run great, but when we're chasing a bug we can't really use the
debugger.

-Sincerely,
Todd Pack