[omniORB] spawnvp of CL failed

Allen, Keith kallen@tri.sbc.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:28:22 -0600

Hi,

Newbie question here, and probably a strange one at that:  Does omniORB
require that a C++ compiler be installed to run the idl compiler?  I know I
won't be able to compile the generated code without a C++ compiler, but I
really just need to check the syntax of some OMG IDL for now.

I am using omniORB on Windows NT 4.0, and downloaded the pre-compiled
version.  Based on my understanding, all I need to do is set my PATH
environment variable correctly.  I can run omniidl2 -V correctly, so I
believe I have this right.  When I try to run omniidl2 on an idl file,
though, I get this error messge:

omniidl2: spawnvp of CL failed
Preprocessor returned non-zero status -1

I was wondering if omniidl was trying to use a VisualC++ preprocessor
something.  Any other possibility?

Keith Allen
SBC Technology Resources
9505 Arboretum Blvd.