[omniORB] interoperable name service support

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:46:16 -0500

In Message <200001101410.OAA01850@pineapple.cam-orl.co.uk> ,
   Duncan Grisby <dgrisby@uk.research.att.com> wrote:

=>On Saturday 8 January, "Suresh Kannan" wrote:
=>
=>> I've never used omniorb or the python binding.
=>> Does the python binding support using a interoperable name service format to
=>> get references ?
=>
=>Neither the Python or C++ versions of omniORB currently support the
=>Interoperable Naming service. This is because the specification hasn't
=>been finalised yet, and the draft keeps changing. Once the INS spec
=>has stabilised, both languages will support it.

   I thought the spec had been adpoted. At least it appears on the
OMG Recently Adopted Specifications page at
< http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/tech2a.html >.
According to that page, the documents listed there are "on their
way to becoming formal specs with few technical changes." I believe
there is an issue with assigned TCP port numbers, but that should be
easily modified when the final numbers are assigned.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories