[omniORB] Re: Is it possible to connect to object without NameService ?

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:04:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ceyhun,

Yes it is possible.  You just have to ensure the following:

  1.  The server always listens on the same port.
       omniORB 2.x command line option -BOAiiop_port
       omniORB 3.0 command line option -ORBpoa_iiop_port

  2.  You use the same object key each time.
       omniORB 2.x see chapter 4 of the manual
       omniORB 3.0 use a persistent POA and user-defined object id.

The omniNames name server does this -- so have a look at how it is done
there.

Hope that helps,
David