[omniORB] Missing Java source

Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:19:24 +0000

On Monday 28 February, Fred Cook wrote:

> Looking at your src/jave/../../../.. dirs from an omniORB_280 NT
> install, we find no source code present.  Where can one find the source
> for the java equal of eg3_clt?

It is actually an accident that the java directory and its README
still exist. I've removed them now, since they weren't any use. We
don't use Java ORBs at all ourselves, so we aren't keen to distribute
examples which we can't test.

The examples last existed in the omniORB 2.6.1 release. If someone
wants to volunteer to resurrect them, and write some proper
documentation, then we'll happily make them available from our site.

The documentation on JavaIDL from Sun looks quite comprehensive:

  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/idl/
  http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/idl/