[omniORB] the data in an Any

David Byron dbyron@coactive.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:28:10 -0800

I know there have been many messages in the past about serializing an Any and I want to do something similar but I can't find any discussion of it.  I'm using a slightly modified omniORB 2.6.1.

What I need is a pointer to just the data portion of an Any, and an accessor to the length -- not the typecode, just the data.  I'm going to use that pointer to access the data in the Any, and to replace the existing data with new data.

I realize this is not a pleasant operation and I am trying to find another way of dealing with it but as it is now, this is what I need to do.

Can one of you give me a hand with this?  I've looked at the value(), NP_length(), and replace() functions but I think they're including the typecode information.

Thanks much.

-DB
---
David Byron                     dbyron@coactive.com
Coactive Networks, Inc.         http://www.coactive.com
4000 Bridgeway, Suite 303       voice:(415)289-1722
Sausalito, CA  94965            fax:(415)289-1320