[omniORB] Should omniORBpy require a C++ python interpreter?

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:22:03 -0500

Quick question.

Does omniORBpy require that the python interpreter's main be compiled with a C++
compiler (and linked with a C++ linker if applicable)?

The reason I ask is because I have seen some discussion on comp.lang.python that
indicates that if you extend python with C++ that this might be necessary.

One consideration is that if there are any static C++ objects that need to be
initialized.  I'm thinking another would be C++ exceptions.  I'm thinking the
C++ compiler may need to install an exception handler in main in order for
exceptions to work.

Bruce Visscher