[omniORB] CORBA Callback

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:50:32 -0500

Sorry for being picky, but since this is one of the more obscure
parts of the C++ mapping, I'll insist...

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> This will work with omniORB 2, but you should say
>
>   channel->addListener(listener->_this());
>
> The version without the _this() will cause a compile-time error on
> some ORBs, including omniORB 3.

Given that _this() increments the ref count, shouldn't the returned
pointer be either explicitely released, or in case of a temporary like
this, assigned to a _var to automatize the ref decrement ?

In my own program I'v currently some trouble since a _dispose() call
doesn't destroy the object since the object is still referenced from
somewhere. I have a hard time finding these leaks (that's one of the
reasons I proposed a mechanism in omniORB's API to inspect the counters
for each registered object).

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique