[omniORB] omniORB & win32-dll

Nicolas Leclercq leclercq@lure.u-psud.fr
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:16:45 +0100

Hi!
I’m writing a distributed acquisition system using omniORB 2.8. For the
moment, I have only one server packaged into a win32 app and a client
compiled both as win32 app and a win32-dll hosted by Igor Pro (a commercial
data visualization software). The client application works fine but I have
some troubles with the dll version.
In the dll, the initialization (orb and boa init) seems correct and no
exception is thrown when I try to obtain the CosNaming root context.  In
fact, all’s fine until I try to get the server reference: a system (?)
exception is thrown in root_context->resolve(name).
I searched the omniORB-list and found something similar to my problem in:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/1998-09/0005.html.
Unfortunately, I could not solve the problem using the rules given in this
mail ( I may have not applied them correctly).
For a novice like me, any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Nicolas.

Nicolas Leclercq