[omniORB] omniidl2 problems under IRIX

Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:43:32 +0000

On Thursday 17 February, David Bryant wrote:

> I have developed some stuff under Linux which I am now trying to port to
> IRIX. The problem is that the same IDL files will not compile under
> IRIX. There seems to be a problem with "re-opening modules". OmniORB
> 2.8.0 is installed on both systems.

You can only re-open IDL modules if your C++ compiler supports
namespaces. If your IRIX compiler does support namespaces, you should
add a suitable bit to include/omniORB2/CORBA_sysdep.h which defines
HAS_Cplusplus_Namespace. If your compiler doesn't support namespaces,
there's no option but to put all your idl in a single file.