[omniORB] interpreted clients (Python vs. Corbascript)

Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:15:20 +0000

On Tuesday 15 February, Tres Seaver wrote:

> CORBAScript has apparently gotten OMG to adopt their worldview as
> the "blessed" way to script CORBA.  That may be a plus if you are
> choosing between CORBAScript and one of the Python implementations,
> but the downside is that you lose all the "batteries included" stuff
> which comes with Python (database access, object persistence
> mechanisms, networking protocols, COM interoperability, file
> handling, etc.)

Both the CorbaScript and Python CORBA mappings have now been accepted
by the OMG, so I don't think either is more "blessed" than the other.
The CorbaScript submission is unusual in that it defines the entire
language, not just the CORBA binding to it, but other than that it's
not special in any way.