[omniORB] interpreted clients (Python vs. Corbascript)

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:58:30 +0100

Hi all,
        while this issue is not strictly OmniORB dependent, nevertheless
OminORB is behind both cases below.
I would appreciate if anyone could elaborate on the difference (in
performance and/or features) between having the following two alternative
approaches to design interpreted clients:

- stub generation for an interpreted environment like Python;
- an interpreted environment like Corbascript with no definite language
binding but IR (as another way to get signatures) and DII usage instead.

In both cases some form of late binding must exist since both are
interpreted, beside language syntax tips & tricks.
I'm a little confused in comparing them so any comment is much welcome,
thanks.

                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it