[omniORB] Connecting to servers without using the Name Service

david.sansom@db.com david.sansom@db.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:11:33 +0000

Hi,

Question: I have a server process which always runs on the same box, and there
is only one instance at any one time. I should like my clients to be able to
connect to this server, using reasonably constant connection information (eg IP
address & port). Due to reliability concerns, I would rather not use the Name
Service to locate the server. From the omniORB2 documentation, it appears that
the server can act as its own Name Service in some way, but this is not pursued.

The server may well be restarted frequently, so I can't simply use the
(transient) IOR that it creates.

My server is based (almost exclusively) on the singleton example in the onmiORB
docs (Example 3, I believe).

David Sansom
Fixed Income & Relative Value Research
Deutsche Bank AG (London)