[omniORB] omniorb on win 98

A.A.Gerritsen a.a.gerritsen@phys.uu.nl
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:06:55 +0100

>Has anyone used omniorb on windows 98 with visual c++ 5.0 ??
>
>If so how do i go about biulding it ??

I use omniORB 2.8.0 with Windows 98 clients. The server-application runs on
a NT 4.0 Server and is written as a NT service, but it should work also as a
non-NT service and when the server is ran at a Windows 98 machine.

The only difference is that I use VC++ 6.0 (Visual Studio SP3), but I don't
think that should be a problem. The only thing you will probably encounter
is that you are forced to link the dynamic library of omniorb too, even if
you are not using it, but that shouldn't be such a problem since it gives
only little overhead in file-size.

Best regards,

Armim Gerritsen