[omniORB] proposed patch for Any handling of octet sequences

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:39:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

M'self and Wez (jnw@uk.research.att.com) have coded up a performance
optimisation for insertion/extraction of sequences of simple types to/from
Anys (octet, boolean, char, short, ushort, long, ulong, float, double).

This is only available for omniORB 3pre -- since it makes incompatible
changes to the stub/library interface.  Get it from CVS tomorrow as
usual...

I haven't had a change to test it fully, so I'd appreciate it if someone
could use it in anger and let me know if it goes okay.

Cheers,
David