[omniORB] omniORB 2.8 on ALPHA/openVMS (fwd)

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:28:01 +0000 (GMT)

John,

I'm forwarding this to the list, where it'll get seen by the right people.

Cheers,
David

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:14:49 -0000
From: John Worrell <John.Worrell@ranplc.co.uk>
To: 'David Riddoch' <djr@uk.research.att.com>
Subject: omniORB 2.8 on ALPHA/openVMS

Hi,

I have been having some difficulties with building omniORB 2.8 on openVMS
V6.2. Previously, I had absolutely no trouble whatever with building omniORB
2.7. The problem that I have is that there seems to be a good deal in the
new build scripts (mainly associated with shared exe.s) that are only usable
with openVMS V7, but which occur irrespective of the settings I make in the
config file. Another feature of this is that I cannot seem to disable the
shared exe. build (my first attempted work-around). I have worked through
the scripts making them V6.2 compatible, but still have problems. It strikes
me, though, that these problems have probably been encountered elsewhere and
that revised scripts and .MMS files might well be available: am I right?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Regards,

John Worrell