[omniORB] How to check if server exists ?

Adam Dorosz adam.dorosz@softax.com.pl
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:41:41 +0100

Fatih Ogun wrote:

> In order to check if the omninames server exists, you should set ORBInitialHost and ORBInitialPort parameters in your configuration to the host and port values of omninames.
> Then you may call resolve_initial_references method of orb to check if the server is active.

But what can I do if resolve_initial_references throws no resources system exception ?
Is it possible to call ORB_init and resolve_initial_references with another, correct parameters, created at runtime with host name or port number entered by user ? Or I can only
exit the application with error information and then try to connect again ?
It all comes from the situation wher host name and port number of  omninames server are not taken from config file, but have to be entered by user of client application.

Adam