[omniORB] dynAny example for omniORB3 on NT

Terry A. Lee terryl@wt.net
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:12:57 -0600

> Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:53:30 -0500
> From: "Chung, David" <David.Chung@USPTO.GOV>
> Subject: [omniORB] dynAny example for omniORB3 on NT
>
> Platform: omniORB3, NT4.0 MSVC6.0
>
> In the past, I have posted messages regarding omniORB3 and NT4.0
> I had indicated that I was able to run three echo examples, with a
> number of hacks. At the time, due to time constraints, I was not able to
get
> examples that used the dynamic library.  I did try various combinations of
> hacks with the functions in msvcstub.dll.
>
> Did anyone get the dynAny examples to work?
> I would appreciate any comments or tips on it.

dynAny does not work on NT, MSVC 6.0 or MSVC 6.0. Even to build the
other examples you need to link against msvcstub.o instead of the main
omniDynamic library.

> In the past, when I tried to run the dynAny example, it would just
> crash -- as soon as I start the example. It always crashed before it can
> start the MSVC debugger. Apparently, something was really, really wrong.

That is right the problem happens when initializing:

omniDynamicLib_initialiser omniDynamicLib_initialiser::instance;

in src/lib/omniORB2/dynamic/dynamicLib.cc. It nests calls to
"instance" until it dies.  instance->instance->instance...

> Does anyone know if this bug fixed?

As of the 3-Feb-2000 snapshot it isn't fixed.

Terry Lee
Paradigm Geophysical