[omniORB] omniORB and Red Hat 6.1 segfault [LONG]

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:39:39 -0700

> I can reproduce your crash using the tree checkout from our cvs server.
> The problem lies not with the compiler and libraries. I think your setup
> basically works.
>
> It is to do with a bug in the String_member unmarshalling code which just
> surfaced since we change String_member to initialise to a statically
> allocated empty string. This bug has been fixed on Monday in the
> omni_2_8_develop branch but has not been merged to the root branch.
> This has now been corrected.
>
> So please do a cvs update, recompile and all will be well.

Yes!  All is indeed well.  And all manner of thing is well.

I got the latest from CVS and it worked like a charm.  Thank you so much for
the _very_ prompt assistance.

--
Uche Ogbuji
Fourthought, Inc., IT Consultants