[omniORB] clients, _duplicate() & thread safety

Nick Brook ncb@adaptivebroadband.co.uk
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 16:17:02 +0000

Hi all. I have a quick question. Basically I have a factory object with
creates child objects (in the same process). All these objects need to
talk to a remote object (in another address space). Currently I make the
factory object hold an object reference to this remote object, and the
child objects make calls to this object via the object reference in the
factory class (i.e they all use the same object reference). Is there any
difference between doing this and giving each client object a
_duplicate() of the object reference? And is the proxy object
thread-safe?

Cheers,
	Nick Brook

	Adaptive Broadband Ltd, Cambridge