[omniORB] omniORB and Red Hat 6.1 segfault

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
01 Feb 2000 19:36:08 +0000

I've seen similar reports with Redhat 6.x when users have upgraded from
glibc-2.0 based system (i.e. Redhat 5.2).

The most likely cause of the problem is that you are linking a library
(omniORB2 or omnithread runtime) which was compiled on a glibc-2.0 system
with the object code that you compile on a glibc-2.1 system.

Please check that you have rebuilt absolutely everything and no runtime
libraries compiled for glibc-2.0 somehow got into your loader path.

My development machine is now Redhat 6.1, I can assure you there is nothing
wrong there. You have done the right thing in changing the compile
pathnames.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com